Sirus is an Irish HVAC and BMS Engineering Firm serving the built environment in the industrial, pharmaceutical, and commercial sectors. With two offices in Dublin and Cork, our company is involved in nearly all aspects of BMS and HVAC design, installation, and service. Our services include HVAC engineering, automation engineering, facility management, energy services, HVAC start-up and commissioning validation and QHSE compliance for pharmaceutical facilities, hospitals, laboratories, schools, institutions, and commercial buildings around the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Your role will be an HVAC and Building Services Design Engineer focusing on Building Services Design, Building Energy Efficiency, and related project works.
- You will work with our lead HVAC engineer and be involved in the specification, design, commissioning and start-up of various HVAC systems and facilities. Your everyday jobs will include working with all HVAC design phases (conceptual, basic, and detailed design), as well as hands-on testing, balancing, commissioning and project handover documentation.
- Projects will primarily, but not exclusively, be related to the existing building stock retrofit market and will help Sirus to specify and install energy-efficient systems & products to assist our customers in reducing their carbon footprint.
- Your tasks will include the generation of specifications and drawings (prepare layout and detail drawings using AutoCAD and or Revit) bill of materials for new projects; review of documents; field testing of equipment. You will also be involved with project scheduling and budgeting and coordination of sub-contractors for effective project delivery.
- Your role will be office and site-based to gain familiarity with HVAC plant and control systems.
- You will gain knowledge of market HVAC products and systems as you will need to research the latest technologies and applications.
- You will design HVAC & Energy Efficiency project works using CAD software (3D Revit as an option).
- You will visit job sites as necessary to survey commission and validate existing installations, review design problems and assist resolution of field problems.
- Other tasks will include energy surveys, overall system design and energy consumption analysis and reporting.
- Mechanical Engineering Education.
- AutoCAD and technical drawing basics.
- Strong Revit and 3D skills (optional).
- Excellent verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong technical and engineering aptitude.
- HVAC basic (thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, refrigeration).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and IT skills.
Training & Personal Growth
- On-the-job familiarisation with HVAC, BMS Engineering and Commissioning & Testing.
- Opportunity to work on important projects with prestigious clients from conception to completion.
- Company Sponsorship of relevant training (all business and company-relevant courses in a related discipline are encouraged).
Lead HVAC Design Engineer, Sirus Aircon, Cork
Remuneration & Conditions
- Salary will be reflective of experience.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Company transport.
- Access to the Company Pension and Health Insurance Scheme upon successful completion of the 6-month probationary period.
- Annual Bonus paid at Christmas based on qualifying criteria.
Apply through email
Based out of our Cork Office in the Marina Commercial Park & Customer Sites as required.