Heat pumps, a technology that has proven itself over many decades, can efficiently convert electrical energy into heat and simultaneously provide cold – without exhaust fumes, particulate emissions or appreciable heat losses.
The new temperature range and carbon dioxide, the future-proof refrigerant used in therm-eco2 chillers and high-temperature heat pumps, is opening up new economic applications for this fascinating technology.
Therm-eco2 high-temperature heat pumps work exclusively with environmentally friendly refrigerant CO2 (R-744) and provide hot water temperatures of up to 110°C using various heat sources, e.g. outside air, process heat.
Low heating return temperatures in the so-called transcritical CO2 recycle process results in lower energy loss than conventional heat pumps with a subcritical cycle.
Heating processes such as drinking water preparation and process water heating allow low return temperatures and can, therefore, be implemented with higher-performance CO2 heat pumps.
The benefits of CO2 Heat Pumps and CO2 chillers include:
- Carbon Dioxide is a natural, environmentally friendly alternative to traditional refrigerants.
- Effective refrigeration with simultaneous heat production to a high-temperature level.
- Effective heat recovery using industrial waste heat sources and wastewater.
- Reduction of CO2 pollutant emissions through oil and gas savings.
- Highly cost-effective – short payback period.
- Premium quality, designed and produced in Germany in line with ISO 9001:2008.
- Plant-side quality inspections such as pressure strength tests, leak tests and electrical tests are certified.
- State-of-the-art control technology including remote monitoring.
- Compact design.