Heat pumps, a technology that has proven itself over many decades, can efficiently convert electrical energy into heat and simultaneously provide cold – without exhaust fumes, particulate emissions or appreciable heat losses.
The new temperature range and carbon dioxide, the future-proof refrigerant used in thermeco2 chillers and high-temperature heat pumps, is opening up new economic applications for this fascinating technology.
Thermeco2 high-temperature heat pumps work exclusively with environmentally friendly refrigerant CO2 (R-744) and provide hot water temperatures of up to 110°C using various heat sources, e.g. outside air, process heat.
Low heating return temperatures in the so-called transcritical CO2 recycle process results in lower energy loss than conventional heat pumps with a subcritical cycle.
Heating processes such as drinking water preparation and process water heating allow low return temperatures and can, therefore, be implemented with higher-performance CO2 heat pumps.
The benefits of CO2 Heat Pumps and CO2 Chillers include:
- Carbon Dioxide is a natural, environmentally friendly alternative to traditional refrigerants.
- Effective refrigeration with simultaneous heat production to a high-temperature level.
- Effective heat recovery using industrial waste heat sources and wastewater.
- Reduction of CO2 pollutant emissions through oil and gas savings.
- Highly cost-effective with a short payback period.
- Premium quality, designed and produced in Germany in line with ISO 9001:2008.
- Plant-side quality inspections such as pressure strength tests, leak tests and electrical tests are certified.
- State-of-the-art control technology including remote monitoring.
- Compact design.
Energy flow within a heat pump
Unit 13, The Westway Centre
Dublin, D12 FW63
Unit 2018, Orchard Avenue
Citywest Business Campus
Dublin, D24 FR88
Unit 5, Centrepoint
Marina Commercial Park
Cork, T12 H7DV
Unit 4, Eastgate Way
Eastgate, Little Island
Cork, T45 FC03
Let’s talk about your project!