Mechanical & Boiler Service Technician
As an experienced Mechanical and/or Boiler Service Technician at Sirus, you will deliver effective Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) to varied customers.
The position is open to candidates who have qualifications or experience as Mechanical and/or Boiler Service Engineers. Individuals who have a technical background in Plumbing or Mechanical Maintenance and troubleshooting and would like to pursue a career as a Boiler Service Engineer will be considered for this position.
- Delivery of effective PPM across the Leinster region for Sirus customers.
- Respond to breakdown and callout requests within the time period set out in the maintenance contract with the customer or as communicated by the Service Manager.
- Maintain all procedures and work ethic in accordance with the Sirus employee booklet.
- Must meet deadlines on-site and complete reports promptly. Communicate any abnormalities and safety issues on sites with the Service Manager.
- Must be proactive and be able to work under own initiative.
- Be client-focused and have the ability to generate work via accurate assessments on sites.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate with customers and peers and management.
- Must be familiar with and be able to adhere to site rules and Health & Safety policies.
The list below reflects the core skillsets required.
- Technical, mechanical and/or electrical background in Boiler Maintenance.
- The ability to maintain and troubleshoot Boiler control systems will be required. Experience in fault finding on all makes of commercial boilers.
- Knowledge of the latest Safety legislation with respect to gas and oil-fired heating systems would be an advantage.
- Good communication and report writing skills – the ability to accurately reflect how tasks were approached, work completed and recommendations for repair or improvements in the report will be expected.
- Must be willing to learn in areas that they do not have expertise in such as HVAC systems, Mechanical Heating Systems, Control Systems and Gas/Oil Safety.
- Training will be provided where relevant along with other product-specific training subject to the satisfactory completion of the probation period and that you can demonstrate the right competence and attitude for the position.
- Up-to-date registration with RGII with relevant Gas Certification (where possible).
- Full, Clean Drivers Licence as a vehicle is provided.
Training & Personal Growth
Sirus is committed to providing training and personal development for all our employees and may provide company sponsorship of courses that bring value to our employees and business.
Remuneration & Conditions
- Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
- Tablet for reports and logging.
- Mobile phone.
- Company van.
- Requisite tools and equipment.
- Be part of the out-of-hours call-out rota (approx. for 1 week every 7- 8 weeks, an additional payment is made for being on-call and additional payments if you are called out to the site).
- After successfully completing probation, you’ll avail of the company benefits scheme of health insurance & pension contribution.
- Annual Bonus paid at Christmas based on performance and effort throughout the year.
Apply through email
Based out of our Dublin Office in Ballymount & customer sites throughout Leinster as required.