Amgen: QBMS and nQBMS Install & Commission
Amgen (formerly Applied Molecular Genetics) is an American multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Amgen is the world’s largest independent biotechnology firm. Their commercial operation in the Republic of Ireland is based in Dublin. In Ireland, they provide drug therapies for patients with cancer, renal and bone disease in hospital and in the community. Their medical team works with leading physicians throughout Ireland on numerous clinical research programmes. Amgen bought the Pfizer site in Dun Laoghaire, Dublin in 2011. Sirus had installed the BMS on the site when it was Pfizer.
Sirus provided the following services:
- 300 Qualified BMS (QBMS) Distributed Hardwired I/O points
- 1000 Non-Qualified BMS (nQBMS) Distributed Hardwired I/O points
- QBMS & nQBMS systems operate in tandem on a single site process network
- AHU’s linked to Cold Rooms we also Qualified where required
- Deployed high availability Hot/ Standby server solution
- 9 Management Stations
Earned Value Method was used for contract structure. Early contractor involvement (ECI) was used to engage Sirus and to allow Sirus to work with Jacobs engineering at the design stage of the project to mitigate risk and reduce the project execution timescale.
The team at Amgen chose to partner with Sirus for this project and used an “earned value approach” for the project.