Dunnes Stores has been part of Irish life for over 70 years, making it Ireland’s largest retailer. Dunnes Stores has 136 stores throughout Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, employing almost 15,000 people.
Sirus was initially tasked with identifying the correct hardware platform to meet both domestic and international requirements for Dunnes Stores property portfolio. Having reviewed both sample stores & hardware solutions it became evident that the challenge would include on-going site support, product support and connectivity for offsite support.
Our project goals:
- Improve store environmental conditions and energy efficiency.
- Develop a standardised BMS solution across all stores.
- Prepare system for a cloud-based solution.
Sirus reviewed a number of BMS product options before Siemens Desigo was selected for its open and accessible protocols, international presence, proven reliability, support solutions and life-cycle cost.
This project involved:
- BMS Portfolio review of Software & hardware
- Standardisation of control philosophy
- Project Management and Health & Safety
- Zero downtime upgrade works
- System Commissioning
- Dedicated system operator training
- Intranet / Internet WEB prepared
- Site safety file O&M Documentation
- Energy Metering & Analysis
The project was developed to achieve industry best practice for store conditioning; this was achieved through extensive cooperation and knowledge sharing between Dunnes Stores Development Teams and Sirus.
“Siemens Desigo was selected for its open and accessible protocols, international presence, proven reliability, support solutions and life cycle cost”