BMS and EMS Installation
Mylan N.V. is a global generic and specialty pharmaceuticals company registered in the Netherlands and with operational headquarters in Hatfield, Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom.
Mylan has grown from the third-largest generic and pharmaceuticals company in the United States to the second-largest generic and specialty pharmaceuticals company in the world. Mylan now has approximately 22,000 employees, more than 1,000 separate products, and serves customers in more than 150 countries and territories. Mylan has a global manufacturing output of more than 45 billion doses.
This project was the commercial realisation of the pilot plant in Baldoyle, Dublin. In 2013, Sirus was selected to provide both the BMS and EMS systems for this project which included the following:
- 1000 BMS Distributed Hardwired I/O points
- 130 EMS Distributed Hardwired I/O points
- 9 number Form 4 MCC’s with integrated BMS, and EMS sections
- 2 Servers for EMS and BMS installed in a virtual environment (V-LAN) – Servers are physically located in Stuttgart in Germany
- 5 Management Stations on BMS and 4 on EMS.
EMS panels contained DPT panel section and signal repeaters (“Splitters”) so that temperature, humidity and differential pressure instruments could be shared by both EMS and BMS. Sirus also supplied Local Room Environmental Display Units, customized for the client.
This project was successfully delivered by Sirus, on time and within budget.
“Having built up a strong relationship with Mylan, Sirus was awarded the BMS and EMS for this project.”