Valves and actuators are key components in energy distribution. They are deployed in heating and ventilation systems as well as room automation. Time and again, traditional systems present challenges to the operators during installation. SAUTER has added the new generation of IoT-capable Smart Actuators to its tried and tested range of actuators.
The IoT-capable Smart Actuator enables autonomous or semi-autonomous control of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning. It’s easy to install and commission using a smartphone app via Bluetooth and it has communication interfaces for every use case.
Compared to a conventional installation with central controllers and valve actuators, the Smart Actuator reduces the size and reduces the cost of the cabinet panels while simultaneously lowering the fire load through less wiring.
Operators of facilities such as schools or medium-sized office buildings can control and monitor their HVAC plant using their smartphone via the SAUTER Cloud.
The benefits of the Smart Actuator include:
- The Smart Actuator has on board two universal I/O to connect additional sensors or actuators & RS485 for system integration (BACnet MS/TP or Modbus).
- For comprehensive control tasks, the optional I/O box can be added to the Smart Actuator.
- Up to 12 Universal Inputs / Outputs & 6 Digital Outputs, full boiler house or AHU control all in one unit, with remote connectivity built in.
- Connector system and pre-assembled cables enable quick, error-free installation.
- Tested applications from the cloud for use in HVAC and room automation.
- Access to stored data and operating settings with the smartphone app.
- Cloud-based monitoring enables predictive maintenance.
- A large application library in the cloud and clearly defined interfaces (BACnet, Modbus, MQTT) enable a digital building.
Let’s talk about your project!